Under Thai- German Programme on Energy Efficiency Development Plan (TGP-EEDP) GIZ has been commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety to contribute to the further development and support the implementation of the 20-year Energy Efficiency Development Plan (EEDP, 2011-2030). The 3-year project has officially started in May 2012 and will run until 2015. Project partners of TGP-EEDP include the Energy Policy and Planning Office (EPPO), the Department of Alternative Energy Development and Efficiency (DEDE) and the Thailand Greenhouse Gas Management Organization (TGO). The TGP-EEDP Project aims at promoting the increase of energy efficiency in industry and building sectors by supporting the implementation of the EEDP plan which will have a direct impact on CO2 emission reduction.
Mitigation Momentum Mitigation Momentum is a project running up to the end of 2015 which is funded by the German government to support the development of concrete NAMAs proposals in a range of partner countries, and foster cooperation and knowledge exchange within the international NAMA community.
The TGP-EEDP and Mitigation Momentum are co-organising this focus-group meeting in order to discuss about challenges and financial barriers to the development of ESCO market in Thailand. The discussion will be held primarily in English and expected to engage representatives from energy-related government agencies and private sectors, ESCO fund managers, bankers as well as qualified experts and consultants, in order to achieve following objectives and expected outputs.
- To initiate a discussion around financial mechanisms that could support the Thai ESCO market
- To enable sharing of experiences and opinions among participants
- To identify possible study to further investigate the suitability of financial mechanisms to support the THAI ESCO market
- Identified barriers and challenges of energy efficiency finance
- Increased knowledge about financial support options to ESCO finance to participants
- Preliminary identification of the needs for promoting ESCO finance
- Identified research necessary to develop a concrete concept note proposal
Documents for download