Energy Efficiency (EE)- NAMA development for Thailand
The TGP-EEDP project aims at promoting the increase of energy efficiency in industry and building sectors by supporting the implementation of the EEDP plan which will have a direct impact on CO2 emission reduction. One of four work-packages is integrating energy efficiency policy into climate scheme by supporting the development of the proposal for “National Appropriate Mitigation Action or NAMA”. In particular, the Mitigation Momentum on behalf of ECN in close collaboration with TGP-EEDP have encouraged Thailand in bringing forward the mitigation activities through NAMAs and supported partners with the development of NAMA proposals as well as financing and implementation strategies.
Objectives of the workshop:
- To present, collect feedback and verify findings of the ESCO market study
- To elaborate the linkage of the Thai ESCO market study to the development of ESCO-NAMA proposal or additional sources of funding for Thailand
- To enhance knowledge on the process of NAMA proposal development and introduce the technical and financial components of the ESCO NAMA proposal.
- To identify potential approaches to the technical and financial components and next steps for the development of these.
Agenda and Presentations:
- 1. Agenda
- 2. Overview of NAMA development: Key required elements of technical and financial components
- 3. Thai ESCO market Analysis
- 4. Technical components of NAMA: “Concept of ESCO Facilitation”
- 5. Financial components of NAMA
- Ms. Ampawa Moonmueang
Tel:+66 2 612 1171   Fax: +66 2 612 1151
Thai-German Programme on Energy Efficiency Development Plan (TGP-EEDP)
C/O Energy Policy and Planning Office (EPPO), Ministry of Energy
3rd Fl., 121/1-2 Petchburi Rd., Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400